Tuesday, September 16, 2008

About me

Welcome to Karfuno’s blog. I have not had any experience blogging, and the idea of sharing my thoughts electronically for the entire web to analyze is a bit intimidating. I do, however, embrace the opportunity to become more accustomed to using the internet for more than leisure alone.

After experimenting my first year at Emmanuel College in Political Science courses, I decided to concentrate on the discipline I have always excelled in – English. I am a Writing and Literature major with a second major in Secondary Education. I will be student teaching in Framingham, Ma during the spring semester (YIKES). In addition to completing this course and having a concrete understanding in the field of literary criticism, I hope that the content from this class will aid me in teaching my students the very theories we will be discussing. Although I do not dislike Reader Response Criticism, I believe it is over-taught in the high school curriculum. This course is reassuring in that I will observe another instructor teaching the material I will someday want to tackle in my classroom.

After reading other blogs about being intimidated by the course content, I feel a lot better. I do not have a background in any of the content. Perhaps this blog will allow us to help each other with the work, because I know I may need it.

Until next blog,
Karfuno

No comments: